KHF is currently looking to hire a part-time MFT or Independent Social Worker. Please refer to the job description below for more information.
Therapist: Part-time Marriage and Family (MFT) or Independent Social Worker
The Kyle Hyland Foundation for Teen Support (KHF) is a 501 (3)(c) public charity whose mission is to provide charitable and educational support to teens by establishing and maintaining a center where teens can be provided emotional support through social interaction, mentoring, counseling, music and art. For more information, visit our website at www.kylehyland.com
KHF seeks a part-time therapist to lead support groups and provide therapy to teens, as needed. Additional requirements include the ability to work a flexible schedule, some evenings and weekends. This position will require a pre-employment criminal background check, which includes fingerprinting. The KHF is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Lead 1-2 support groups per week
- Provide individual therapy to teens, as needed, including intake, assessment, and treatment planning
- Coordinate and communicate with parents, while maintaining confidential parameters as mandated by law
- Collaborate with other providers as needed – psychiatrists, primary care physicians, etc
- Respond to all requirements of the Mandated Reporter status as required by law
- Provide de-escalation and crisis intervention as warranted
- Master’s degrees in psychology or related field
- Non-licensed Associate Social Worker or Associate MFT registered with BBS
- California licensed clinician registered and in good standing with the BBS (preferred)
- Recent experience in providing mental/behavioral health services to youth
- Passionate about working with teens
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices that support at-risk youth
- Knowledge of systems theory
- Experience working with adolescents in a manner that is trauma informed, culturally sensitive, and mindful of dual diagnosis
- Able to accurately identify and respond to crisis
- Able to maintain confidential documentation
- Experience working independently with limited support
- Knowledge of milestones of development
E-mail cover letter and resume to Barbara at The Kyle Hyland Foundation for Teen Support (email@example.com). Compensation will be commensurate with experience.