Benicia Teen Center Rules
-Rules and Regulations-
Welcome to the Benicia Teen Center, your “home away from home”. We hope you enjoy your time here. In order to make certain the Center is safe for you and everyone else, you are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- No selling or use of alcohol, tobacco substances, cannabis or illegal drugs in the Teen Center, or in the surrounding areas. NO VAPING OF ANY SUBSTANCE IN THE TEEN CENTER OR ANYWHERE ON TEEN CENTER PROPERTY.
- Comply with directions from Teen Center staff
- No verbal harassment and/or disrespectful behavior towards staff or other teens at the Center
- No fighting or reckless behavior
- Respect the personal property of others
- No possession or selling of weapons of any kind
RESPECT THE TEEN CENTER AND THE SURROUNDING AREA
- Clean up after yourself and throw away all trash
- No loitering outside BTC, in adjacent parking lot or street or on Church Street
- No stealing, vandalizing, adding graffiti, or otherwise damaging Center, surrounding property and/or the personal property of others
The Benicia Teen Center staff may suspend participants from the Teen Center for any period of time deemed fit to ensure that the teen will comply with rules and regulations up to and including permanent expulsion from the program.
Benicia Teen Center Consequences
The Benicia Teen Center (BTC) maintains a safe and positive environment for its participants. We expect all teens to be respectful to staff and their peers at all times and to follow the BTC Rules. In the event that a teen does not follow the Rules, they will be subject to the following disciplinary action:
Consequences for each offense:
- Level 1: teen must leave for the day
- Level 2: teen must leave for the day and fulfill 2 hours community service at BTC
- Level 3: teen must leave immediately and one week ban from teen center, 3 hours community service at BTC
- Level 4: teen must leave immediately and the consequence is up to the discretion of BTC staff but could lead to a permanent ban from BTC as well as notification of parent/guardian and/or Benicia Police Department. This will depend on type and severity of offense.
- Roughhousing or reckless behavior
- Verbal harassment or being disrespectful (to either adult or teen) including pretending to vape or smoke
- Loitering in front of BTC, adjacent parking lot or on Church Street, even after signing out of BTC
- Smoking or vaping in BTC or on BTC property. If caught twice for vaping or smoking a permanent ban may be invoked.
- Fighting or extreme roughhousing
- Destruction of property including disabling security cameras. Potential payment of damages and parent/guardian notification
- Possessing or carrying a weapon (possession of a gun is Level 4)
- Use of illegal substances, including marijuana and alcohol, on BTC grounds.
- Selling of illegal substances on BTC property
- Possessing or carrying a gun
All consequences are up to the discretion of BTC Staff and may be given for infractions not listed above. The Benicia Teen Center staff may suspend participants from the Benicia Teen Center for any period of time deemed fit to ensure that the teen will comply with rules and regulations up to and including permanent expulsion from the program.