Benicia Teen Center
The Kyle Hyland Foundation for Teen Support (KHF) opened the Benicia Teen Center (BTC) in January 2016 at 1818 Military West, a building rented from Gateway Church. Unfortunately, in June 2017 the BTC had to move out of this space as the church decided to go in a different direction. KHF is now actively looking a for a new space for a new location for the Benicia Teen Center. The space must be all-inclusive as the KHF is proud to provide services and support to all Benicia teens.
Following is a list of what was offered at the Benicia Teen Center:
- TV/Lounge area for movies and video games
- Game table area with Pool, Ping Pong, and Foosball
- Stage with sound system, guitars, drumset, keyboard, DJ system, and microphones
- Homework/Study space with free WiFi and Chromebooks
- Low cost snack bar
- Teen Forums and other educational workshops
- Special Event Fridays with free food
- Supervision and support from caring adult volunteers
The BTC was a drop-in center open to all Benicia residents or BUSD students 13 to 19 years old, and their guests. The BTC was open every day after school, with extended hours for special events. Over the year and a half in operation, the Teen Center experienced tremendous growth and was receiving an average of 30-50 teens every week.
The BTC served a vital need in our community. The Benicia Teen Center, “your home away from home”, provided a place for ALL teens to hang out and enjoy themselves in a stress-free and creative environment. The Foundation hopes to find a space as soon as possible to minimize its potential impact to the youth of Benicia. Please contact the KHF at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions for a new location.